Mittwoch, 14. Oktober 2009

Can not access share on removeable media

On my server (WinXP) I have several folders shared to allow access from clients. On the clients I connect to these shares with "net use f: \\server\share".

Generall this works fine, except the one share on the server that is on a removeable drive (USB HDD). Always when I try to connect I get:

"System error 1130: Not enough server storage is available to process this command"

After some research I discovered that I need to add the following registry key on my server:
Path: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters"
Key: "IRPStackSize"
Type: DWord
Value: 18 (that worked for me, maybe you need to set it even higher)

Since I've done this, I have no problem accessing the share on the removeable drive anymore.

 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen